The NSW Government is investing $6.1 million to improve travel times and safety between Racecourse Road and Anambah Road. Transport for NSW will carry out the work which involves providing two lanes in each direction of the highway between Racecourse Road and Anambah Road. The upgrade will improve traffic flow and safety as well as cater for expected residential and commercial growth in the area.
- widening the New England Highway between Racecourse Road and Anambah Road to provide an additional travel lane in each direction and wider shoulders
- resurfacing the highway between Racecourse Road and Anambah Road to provide a smoother surface
- installing a new raised median to help prevent vehicles from crossing over to the wrong side of the road
- building new bus bays on both sides of the highway, east of Racecourse Road, to improve access to public transport
- removing the right turn movement out of Primewest Rutherford to improve traffic flow and safety for motorists entering the highway from the commercial precinct. This movement will become left in and left out only and motorists wanting to travel east after exiting Primewest can do so by using the roundabout located on Anambah Road
- introducing parking restrictions along the service road to maintain large vehicle movements into adjacent properties.